Moar cooking

Effective immediately, I will be cooking more frequently. I am making a commitment to lose weight and be healthier and for me a HUGE part of that is to cook for myself and to portion out all of my foods, including snacks. Another thing that is super important for me is menu planning. By planning out the different meals I want to prepare, I can plan my grocery shopping better, I can budget better, I can make sure that I always have food for breakfast and lunch as well as dinners so I am not as tempted to say "fuck it, lets go get fast food" instead of just cooking dinner or eating leftovers. 

Since I plan on cooking more often, I will be trying and creating new recipes which will end up here, once they've been vetted and rated on the Nom scale. 

I've already done my meal planning for the upcoming week and it includes the following, look for the recipes here sometime this week 

Chicken in white wine sauce w/ asparagus & parsley rice 

Panko crusted tilapia with oven roasted root vegetables & horseradish dill sauce 

Falafel Sandwiches with cucumber raita & lentil soup 

Middle Eastern lentil salad 

Paprika chicken with egg noodles 

and I found a recipe for pumpkin chocolate chip muffins that I am definitely making for deserts! 

I am really excited to get back into the swing of cooking and trying new recipes! 

Comments

Popular Posts