Tandoori Spiced Chicken with Turmeric Roasted Potatoes

It's been quite a while since I've posted a new recipe and tonight's dinner was so wonderful, I just had to post it right away.

I made my own tandoori spice mix from a recipe I found online somewhere. Unfortunately I cannot find the exact recipe but this one is pretty close, of course I added some cayenne pepper to add a bit of heat but it's not totally necessary. I also doubled the batch and stored it in an airtight container so I don't have to mix it each time. I do the same thing with my taco seasoning and pumpkin pie spice mix.


Tandoori Spiced Chicken 
1 lb boneless, skinless chicken tenderloins
3/4 cup Greek yogurt, plain
1/4 cup Tandoori spice mix (you can use less if you'd like, I like strong flavors so I used quite a bit)
2 tablespoons Olive Oil

1. Mix yogurt and spice mix in a small bowl, pour into a Ziploc bag and add chicken. Marinate chicken overnight.

2. Add olive oil to a large frying pan and heat over medium-high heat, using tongs, pull the chicken out of the bag and add to the frying pan. Spoon leftover yogurt mixture over the chicken.

3. Brown chicken on both sides, lower heat to medium and cook until the chicken is done.

(When I did it, the yogurt marinade helped create this awesomely delicious crust on the chicken)


Turmeric Roasted Potatoes 
6 good sized potatoes, washed and diced
6 tablespoons turmeric
1 1/2 tablespoon paprika (this is my favorite one)
1 to 2 teaspoons crushed red pepper (or not at all, it all depends on how spicy you like your food)
1 tablespoon-ish of olive oil

1. Preheat oven to 400 degrees and line a baking sheet with foil or parchment paper

2. In a bowl,  mix the potatoes with the spices and olive oil until potatoes are well coated

3. Spread the potatoes in a single layer on the baking sheet and bake for 40 minutes or until the potatoes are tender and slightly crisp on the outside.

Enjoy and remember all measurements are approximate because I am terrible about measuring anything and times can vary depending on your ovens and shit.










Comments

Popular Posts