Not Your Average White Girl Pumpkin Spice Blend

I know there is a lot of hate for all the pumpkin spice items in the autumn and I won't deny that I also get tired of seeing it EVERYWHERE and I am not a big fan of most commercially produced pumpkin spice flavored things but I love real pumpkin seasoned with all sorts of delcious warm spices. So since I don't like the commercial blends, I always make my own. I should mention that part of it is that I really don't care for cloves. I know that makes me a shit Goth or whatever, but after working in a candy store for years that made clove flavored ribbon candy I just can't stomach the smell or the taste. So that is another reason I make my own pumpkin spice mix.

This recipe makes about a half cup of spice mix and I make at least 1 batch a year (or more if I am doing a lot of baking). I always store it in my spice cabinet in a tupperware container so I can use it throughout the season.


1/4 cup cinnamon
4 teaspoons ground nutmeg
4 teaspoons ground ginger
1 tablespoon allspice
1 1/2 teaspoon ground cardamom
1/4 teaspoon coriander
pinch of cayenne



Mix all of the ingredients in a medium sized bowl using a whisk to make sure it's evenly blended. You can also sift them together to ensure there are no lumps and that it's properly mixed up.


Comments

Popular Posts