Maple and Bacon Roasted Brussels Sprouts

I love, love, love Brussels sprouts and usually when I make them I just roast them with sea salt and pepper or steam them and serve with butter. Today I decided to try something a little different since I had some bacon leftover that needed to get cooked. And holy shit, this is SO good that I could easily eat this whole pan in one sitting. Which I don't think would be the best idea but it's certainly not the worst food idea I have ever had.

One thing you may want to alter is that I didn't pre-cook the bacon and I like my sprouts super tender which some people think is too soft. You could pre-cook the bacon until it's crispy and then put it in with the sprouts and cook to your desired tenderness.

If anyone makes this, I'd love a guest NOMMER since Mark will never eat this.

1 lb of Brussels sprouts, trimmed
1 1/2 tablespoon of olive oil
1 1/2 tablespoon of maple syrup
2 slices of bacon cut into bits
sea salt and pepper to taste

1. Preheat oven to 400 degrees and line a baking dish with tin foil. Spray it down with a little bit of cooking spray
2. Put the Brussels sprouts into the baking dish and drizzle with the olive oil and the maple syrup. Sprinkle with the bacon, salt & pepper.
3. Cook until the bacon is crisp and the sprouts are tender, stirring once midway through. I cooked mine for about 45 minutes and the sprouts were my desired tenderness

This is basically 2 servings for me because I LOVES my veggies so it comes out to about 6 points if you split it in half which isn't too bad.



Comments

Popular Posts