Best Carrot Cake I've ever had!

 I have to give thanks to Kelly H. for sharing this one with me. I think it was from one of her old cookbooks and it's hands down the best carrot cake I have ever made. I always top it with my cream cheese frosting (remember I put less powdered sugar in mine so it's got more of that cream cheese flavor) 


3/4 cup vegetable or canola oil

1 1/4 cup sugar 

4 large eggs

1/2 cup milk

2 teaspoons vanilla

2 cups shredded carrots

1 8oz can of crushed pineapple undrained

2 1/2 cups flour

2 teaspoons cinnamon

1 teaspoon baking soda 

1/2 teaspoon salt 


1. Preheat oven to 350 and grease a Bundt cake pan. In a large bowl combine the oil, sugar, eggs, milk, vanilla, carrot and pineapple. 

2. In a separate bowl, mix the flour, cinnamon, baking soda and salt. If at all possible, sift these ingredients together to ensure proper mixing but you can also whisk them if that's all you have available to you, just try and make sure everything is evenly distributed. 

3. Add the flour mixture to the carrot mixture until well blended. Bake for 40-45 minutes until a toothpick inserted in the middle comes out clean. Cool in the pan for 30 minutes and then it's safe to remove it. Let it cool all the way before frosting. 

Comments

Popular Posts