Roasted Poblano Egg Salad

I love, love, love egg salad. And the fact that eggs are zero points on the new WW Freestyle plan makes me so happy. Chiles also make me happy so I decided to combine the two and holy hell was it tasty. I think that with some tweaks I could also make this work as an awesome variant on PJ's Famous Deviled Eggs.

I only use 1 tablespoon of olive oil mayo in my recipe because I really only like enough mayo to bind everything together and add a little flavor. My favorite is Kraft Olive Oil mayo and it's pretty much the only one I buy. For a slightly different taste you can swap out plain Greek Yogurt for the mayo and that would make this a 0 point recipe! You can also change the amount of peppers, cumin, paprika to be to your own taste and preferred heat level. This was my inital go and I am pretty happy with the results but I am sure I will keep tinkering with it.

6 hardboiled eggs, peeled and chopped
1 roasted poblano pepper, peeled, seeded and diced
1 tablespoon olive oil mayo
1/4 teaspoon of cumin
1/4 teaspoon smoked paprika
1/2 teaspoon dijon mustard
salt & pepper to taste

- Just mix everything in a bowl and go! If you let it sit over night I bet it would be even better.

- Serve as a sandwich or in a stuffed tomato or on crackers or whatever. I ate mine with spinach and tomatoes and it was only 1 point for this whole meal!

Comments

Popular Posts