PJ's Basic Salmon Cakes - 1 Freestyle Point for 2 cakes!

My WW group asked me for this recipe so I figured I should finally post it here too. I love this recipe, it's super easy and 1 point for 2 cakes. I make these all the time because they are delicious. Enjoy!


14-15 oz canned salmon
1/4 cup plain fat free Greek Yogurt
1/4 seasoned bread crumbs or panko
1/4 cup lemon juice
1-2 tablespoons dried dill
pinch of cayenne (optional)
salt & pepper to taste
1 egg

  1. 1. Heat oven to 375 and spray a baking sheet with cooking spray. Mix all ingredients and form 6 evenly sized patties, approximately 1/4 cup each
  2. 2. Bake for 12 minutes, flipping 1/2 way through
Notes -
1. You can add more veggies like roasted red peppers, onion, scallions, peppers, etc just be aware that you may need to add more of the binding agents to hold it together. I also sometimes use Cajun seasoning instead of dill or just use Old Bay seasoning. This is super easy to modify to your own tastes.

2. Regarding the salmon - I love the sockeye salmon by Wild Planet but it can be pricey so sometimes I use the Bumble Bee salmon. Just keep in mind that one has bones in it which is good for you but can make the texture unpleasant for some people. You can break them up so there aren't pieces in the cakes it just takes more effort

3. For the lemon juice - you may need less, too much and it makes the mixture too wet and won't hold together so start with a couple of tablespoons and go from there

it's 1 point for 2 patties.

Comments

Popular Posts