Maple Chocolate Chip Pumpkin Bread

Its that time of year again when I start craving all the delicious fall flavors and I still have several cans of pumpkin on hand so I decided to make a new/updated version of my Pumpkin Bread recipe from last year. It's about the same points but I used applesauce instead of oil and I have really reduced the amount of sugar I use and upped my maple syrup usage to add more of that great mapley flavor. This time I also baked it in a 8 x 13 pan instead of 2 loaf pans because I really don't feel like washing 2 loaf pans *laugh*





3 cups of flour
2 teaspoons baking powder
2 teaspoons baking soda
1 teaspoon salt
1 1/2 tablespoons of my pumpkin spice blend
1 1/2 cup unsweetened applesauce
1/2 cup lightly packed dark brown sugar
1 can pumpkin puree
4 eggs, lightly beaten
1/4 cup maple syrup
1/2 cup chocolate chips

1. Spray a 8x13 baking dish with cooking spray (or you can use 2 loaf pans) and preheat the over to 350
2. In a medium bowl, whisk together all of your dry ingredients together
3. In a large bowl, whisk the sugar and applesauce until they are fully blended and smooth. Add the eggs, pumpkin, eggs, and maple syrup and stir until just blended. Fold in the dry mixture until fully incorporated but be sure you don't overmix otherwise your bread will much denser and less light and fluffy. Pour into the baking dish and sprinkle the chocolate chips on top.
4. Bake for 55-65 minutes or until a toothpick inserted into the middle comes out dry


Cut the loaf (loaves) into 15 equal sized pieces and they are 6 points a slice.
Without the chocolate chips, its 5 points a slice
Without the maple syrup and chocolate chips, it's only 4 points a slice!



Comments

Popular Posts