PJ's Classic Horseradish Deviled Egg Salad

I love eggs. A lot. And now on the latest version of the Weight Watchers plan, they are zero points which means that I've started eating eggs more often. They help fill me up, they are delicious and extremely easy to prepare in a variety of ways.

One of the things I am most known for is my version of traditional deviled eggs where I use dill and horseradish which gives it a nice zing. I'm not a huge fan of mayo but I have discovered that I really like the Olive Oil Mayo. You can also switch out the mayo for a fat free plain Greek yogurt which will also lower the overall points for this recipe. You can obviously make it without the horseradish but I love the nice bit of pungent flavor it adds.




8 hard boiled eggs, chopped
1/4 cup Olive Oil Mayo (or Plain Greek Yogurt)
2 tablespoons Dijon mustard
1 1/2 teaspoon horseradish (This is what I use because it has the best flavor in my opinion and it's just horseradish)
1-2 tablespoons dried dill
salt & pepper to taste
cayenne pepper to taste (optional)


I portioned this out to 4 equal portions which is roughly 3/4 cup or so of egg salad and that portion is 2 points each. If you use the Sara Lee Delightful 45 calorie bread, a sandwich is only 4 total points and you can't beat that.


Comments

Popular Posts