Grandma's Famous Banana Pudding Cake

My grandma was a hell of a cook, as you know if you've ever had her Magic Sauce and this recipe was one of my all time favorite things she ever made. A couple of months ago I realized I hadn't made it in a loooooong time and I had to rectify that immediately. A huge hit with  Mark, I also made it for my birthday party this past year, along with 2 other cakes, and it was the only one that disappeared. I have actually made this instead of banana bread 9 out of 10 times recently because it's just so damned delicious.

It also got a coveted 9 1/2 NOMS from Mark! 

1 package yellow cake mix
1 package banana pudding (doesn't matter if it's instant or regular) 
3 eggs 
1 cup water 
1/4 cup vegetable or canola oil
3/4 cup mashed overripe banana (about 3)

1. Preheat oven to 350. Grease and flour a Bundt pan

2. In a large bowl whisk together the cake mix and the pudding mix. Make a well in the middle of the dry goods and add all of the rest of the ingredients. Beat until well blended 

3. Bake in a preheated oven for 50 to 55 minutes or until it tests done. Let it cool in the pan for 10 minutes and then turn it out on an wire rack to cool completely.

4. EAT! 



Comments

Popular Posts