Green Chile Potato Salad

I had some potatoes to use and rather than making my usual horseradish potato salad, I decided to try something different and I cannot believe that I haven't tried this sooner, it's delish! I put a lot of chiles in there but you can use less if you are so inclined, I just have a green chile addiction

2 lb potatoes
1/4 cup diced red onion
4 eggs, roughly chopped
1/4 cup green chiles, chopped
1/2 cup plain Greek yogurt (or mayo if you'd prefer that)
2 tablespoons spicy brown mustard (or dijon)
1/2 teaspoon salt
1/2 teaspoon black pepper
1/2 teaspoon chile powder
1/4 teaspoon ground cumin



1. Peel and cut the potatoes up and put them in a medium or large saucepan. Cover with water and bring them to a boil over high heat. Reduce the heat to medium-low, cover and then boil gently for about 15-20 minutes. you want them to be fork tender but don't overboil because they get a gross gluey texture if you do. Drain and let them cool completely. I will put them in a bowl of cold water for a couple of minutes right after I drain them to help stop them cool down faster. Once they are totally cool, chop them up into bite sized chunks.

2. In a large bowl, combine the potatoes, eggs, onion, and chile peppers.

3. In a smaller bowl, mix up the yogurt and seasonings. Then add this to the potato salad and mix until well blended.



Comments

Popular Posts