Incredibly easy and delicious crock pot back ribs

King Soopers had pork back ribs on sale this week so I decided I"d try my hand at making them. I'd never made them before mostly because I always thought that they were really labor intensive and hard to get right.

Well, now I know better!! This was one of the easiest meals I think I have ever made and the ribs came out beautifully tender with the meat falling right off the bones when I tried to pick them up.

And not only are they easy, they really don't take that many ingredients or much prep work! Just throw them in the crockpot for a couple of hours, and then finish them in the oven.

Voila! Delicious pork ribby goodness!

I did have some confusion about the difference between what was marked as "Back Ribs" vs the ribs marked "Baby Back Ribs", and even after Googling it, it doesn't really look like there is a difference but I could be wrong. You can use whatever BBQ sauce you like, I pretty much like them all but tonight I went with the King Soopers brand Memphis style BBQ sauce and it was so yummy!


I served them with my horseradish dill potato salad. I was going to make some fresh corn too but I ran out of motivation *laugh*

On to the recipe!


3 pounds back ribs
Salt and pepper, to taste
4 cloves garlic
1 bay leaf
1 cup beef broth
1/2 onion, sliced
1 18 oz bottle of BBQ sauce, whatever flavor you like

1. Rub the ribs with the salt and pepper.  Pour the water into the crockpot and then layer the ribs into the crockpot and top the ribs with the onion, bay leaf, and garlic.

2. Cook on high for 4 hours or low for 8 hours. Don't take the lid off or mess with them, just let them do their thing!

3. Preheat the oven to 375 and line a baking sheet with tinfoil.

4. Discard the onion, bay leaf, and garlic and put the ribs on the baking sheet. Coat ribs with BBQ sauce, I used a pastry brush and covered both sides.

5. Bake in the oven for about 10 minutes and then throw some more BBQ sauce on it. I poured a bunch more on top of the ribs and then brushed it around with my pastry brush to make sure it was even. Bake for another 10 minutes or so until the sauce is caramelized and sticks to the ribs. Because I put so much extra sauce on them near the end, mine didn't truly caramelize but they were perfect to me. Don't bake them for too long, you don't want them to dry out!

That's it. Super simple and super delicious. I will absolutely be making them again!

Comments

Popular Posts