Slow Cooker Aloo Gobi (cauliflower and potato curry)

Aloo Gobi is one of my favorite things to eat when I'm at an Indian buffet because the potatoes are always super tender and everything is so well seasoned and I really like that it's a drier curry instead of a saucy dish. I've always struggled with making this properly because I get so worried about burning it due to the lack of fluid in the dish that I end up adding too much water and then it just has this super watery sauce to it that is not really what I am going for here.

I decided to use my trusty crock pot this time around since I had such good luck with the ribs last night and they used very little liquid too.

1 large cauliflower, cut into bite size pieces
2 large potatoes, peeled and diced
1 medium onion, peeled and diced
1 can petite diced tomatoes or 2 diced tomatoes
1 bag frozen peas
1 1/2 tablespoons ginger paste
3 cloves of garlic, minced
1 tablespoon cumin seeds
1/4 teaspoon cayenne
1 1/2 teaspoons garam masala
1 tablespoon sea or kosher salt
1 teaspoon turmeric
3 tablespoons canola or vegetable oil (only use 1 if you are using canned tomatoes)

In a 4 or 5 quart crock pot, combine all of the ingredients and stir really well to distribute the spices. Cook on low for about 4 hours, stir one or two times if you're around but it's not strictly necessary. 

And that's it really. Super simple and pretty healthy. 


Comments

Popular Posts